Cortona D.O.C. Syrah
Un Syrah di pronta beva proveniente dai vigneti più giovani dell’azienda, vino di tutti i giorni con potenziale d’invecchiamento di almeno 5-6 anni. Colore rosso profondo splendente, fragrante naso di sottobosco; more, note balsamiche e speziate, radice di liquirizia, tannini setosi, fresca persistenza e croccantezza di frutto.
- Sistema di allevamento: cordone speronato
- Vinificazione: in acciaio con macerazione delle bucce per 15/16 gg. a temperatura controllata.
- Affinamento:12 mesi in cemento e parte, se necessario, in legno usato; 8 mesi d’affinamento in bottiglia.
- Composizione del suolo: medio impasto argilloso
- Prima vendemmia: 2010
- 88 points Antonio Galloni Vinous
- 91 points James Suckling
Lovely sweet fruit with roses and other flowers. Hints of fresh herbs. Medium body, very fine tannins and a savory finish.
- 86 points Antonio Galloni Vinous Media
The 2014 Syrah Il Borgo offers good up-front intensity, but green, vegetal streaks overpower the fruit. The challenges of the vintage are unfortunately too much to overcome here.
- 89 points James Suckling
“A fresher style of syrah yet flavorful and fruity with walnut, spice and berry aromas and flavors. Medium body. A little short. Drink now.”
- 90 points Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
“Cortona, Tuscany is one of the most promising corners in Italy for the production of Syrah-based wines. The 2011 Syrah Borgo delivers excellent varietal character with dark fruit nuances, spice, black pepper, leather, cured meat and bacon fat. The presentation is steady and forthcoming, without ever feeling too intense or heavy. In fact, the balance is just right. This producer shows a deft hand with this vigorous variety and has produced an extremely food-friendly and pleasurable red wine.”
- 91 punti James Suckling “A wine with very polished tannins and ripe fruit of plums and chillies. Full body, a medium chewy texture and a medium finish. Better in 2015.”
- 90 points Antonio Galloni Vinous Media “Dark red cherry, plum, smoke, tobacco and licorice notes are laced together in the 2011 Syrah Borgo. This is an especially supple, sexy Syrah with tons of near-term appeal. The 2011 isn’t especially complex or varietal, but it sure is delicious. Best of all, the Borgo is a fabulous value.”
- 88 points Wine Spectator “The cassis, candied berry and herbal aromas and flavors are matched to a medium-bodied frame, with moderate tannins on the fresh finish. Drink now. 5,800 cases made.”